Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Raspberry Pi

Today, I ordered my Raspberry Pi MODEL B directly from RS Components.  It should arrive here in a couple of days...

I also added the Raspberry Pi Camera Module to the shopping cart, along with a micro-USB Power supply, SD cards, and HDMI cable.   I already have a suitable keyboard and mouse, but decided not to bother with the case.

I ordered blank SD cards as I will do all the operating system imaging myself.  One card is intended for running Raspbian "wheezy" - this is an optimized version of Debian, and I'll be using this for my interfacing projects.   I also bought a card for RISC OS, this is a very neat little operating system, and fancy having a play with it sometime...

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module just yet, but it only made sense to order one anyway...