Monday 15 July 2013

Tooling Up


I have a pretty comprehensive toolkit, but this project is going to require some pretty small spanners as most of the nuts & bots are M3 and M4 sizes.  After reading the user manual suggested tool listing, I decided I'd better tool up...


The rolson micro combination spanner set seemed perfect here, the spanners are arranged with the open and ring-ends for different sizes, this means I only need this one set to undo nuts and bolts of the same size.

I also bought Lock Thread, Silicone Adhesive, a very fine pair of Tweezers, and Digital Caliper.  The digital caliper is something I've always wanted, and I had a great excuse here to buy one!  This will be just perfect for measuring various parts, such as diameter of stepper motor shafts, pulleys, etc.

The lubricants needed for the bearings will be purchased later.  Otherwise, as far as tools are concerned, I'm all set to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment