When starting this project, I simply gave each motor an arbitrary number as parts was bagged up for safe keeping during disassembly. Later, having discovered my motor connections was in fact following the suggested assignments, I completely forgot to update the labels....
So, avoiding further confusion... at least for myself... here are two photographs showing the official motor numbering and function assignments:
|Gripper (Motor 1), Left Wrist (2), and Elbow (4)|
|Right Wrist (3) , Shoulder (5) and finally the obscured Base (6)|
Actually, it's a pity the original manual never included a diagram of motor assignments on the arm - I think it would have made visualizing this a hell lot easier !
Tomorrow.... An introduction to the Raspberry Pi's General Purpose Input Output (GPIO) facilities, and we'll discuss Armdroid interfacing.