Thursday 3 October 2013

Timeout

It feels like it's been a while, which it has ...  Last month I was trying desperately to ready my Armdroid for the next Milton Keynes Raspberry Jam.  This event, should have taken place on the last Sunday of the month, which unfortunately never happened.

An announcement was made on the forum discussing the future, attendances had been dropping, and could be closed down unless somebody is interesting in running the show...   It would be a great shame for that to happen as Bletchley Park makes such a great venue.   My next nearest jams are Oxford or Cambridge, so who knows, you might catch me attending in future!

In light of this, I decided to take a break for a couple of weeks from the project work, and catch up with other things around the house that had been neglected.

This weekend I'll be blogging about my Raspberry Pi Debian / development setup from a couple of weeks ago, and will start constructing the interface circuitry.

Focus over the forthcoming weeks/weekends will be exclusively centered around interfacing and computer control.

Talking of the Blog...   It's really exciting to see more readers interacting with the site, and received some very encouraging feedback.  I've now been linked from the excellent www.theoldrobots.com website which contains a wealth of Armdroid related information.

No comments:

Post a Comment